The privacy of your personal information is always important to CargoMaster. We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth), as well as other applicable laws and codes affecting your personal information. Our staff members are trained to respect your privacy in accordance with our standards, policies and procedures.
WHAT WE COLLECT
When you place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form, CargoMaster may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to personalise your experience (Your information helps us to respond to your individual needs.),
- to improve our website (We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.),
- to improve or products and customer service (Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service request and support needs.)
- for internal record keeping,
- for the purpose of sending promotional emails in relation to our goods and/ or services and special offers or other information which we believe you may find interesting and
- to contact you for market research purposes from time to time either by telephone, facsimile or mail.
CargoMaster only uses your personal information for the original purposes for which it was given. Your personal information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without your approval at the time of collection.
CargoMaster will not disclose, use, give or sell any personal information to third parties for any purposes other than to our suppliers and other third parties who require this information in order to deliver services on behalf of CargoMaster. This applies with the exception that CargoMaster is required to do so by law.
Further, CargoMaster reserves the right to contact you regarding matters relevant to the underlying service provided and/or the information collected. Please note that personally identifiable information is used only to provide you with a more enjoyable, convenient online experience and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you.
We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyse data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This is collected in order to better understand our website usage, and enhance the performance of services to maintain and operate the website and certain features on the website. We may use third parties to host the website; operate various features available on the website; send emails; analyse data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders.
ANONYMITY AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Where practicable, CargoMaster will maintain your personal information and the information in relation to any individual anonymous, unless the identity of the individual is necessary to perform a lawful activity.
CargoMaster may disclose your personal information in special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms and conditions of use or may be causing injury or interference with our rights, our property, our customers or anyone who could be harmed by such activities.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to access your personal information used by CargoMaster after the 30 June 2004. You also have the right to ask us to update or correct your personal information when it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to access the personal information that CargoMaster holds about you, please provide your request in writing to our Privacy Officer as set out below. CargoMaster can provide you with a copy of the relevant personal information held by us, ordinarily by an e-mail. For legal and administrative reasons, CargoMaster may also archive non-current records containing personal information in back-up data files and off-site storage of files.
If you are of the view that personal information about you is inaccurate or out of date, or if you have any other queries about access and correction, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details set out below.
In some situations require us to refuse access to your personal information. Pursuant to National Privacy Principle 6.1 this will be:
- in the case of personal information other than health information — providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual; or
- in the case of health information — providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual; or
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between the organisation and the individual, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings.
SECURITY, HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Information transmitted via the Internet is at risk to monitoring and interception. You take the risk when sending information in this manner. CargoMaster will not be liable for any loss, harm or damage suffered by you as a result of transmitting information to us right to request independent verification of any information transmitted by e-mail.
Please be aware that any unsolicited confidential or proprietary information sent via the Internet cannot be guaranteed to remain confidential. If you need to send information, to assure the security of this information, please contact us and we will advise you of the most appropriate method of transmission.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
DISCLAIMER TO SECURITY
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information we hold which relates to you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: PO Box 217 Mosman, NSW,2088.
If you believe that any information we are holding in relation to you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
CargoMaster Pty Ltd
PO Box 217
Mosman, NSW, 2088.