Moving overseas shipping containers and packing all your personal belongings can be hard and stressful work, to make things easier you may consider engaging the services of a removalist, problem is they are very expensive and you will have no control of transit timing (ie arrival and departure dates) , don’t expect any change out of A$10,000.00 or more for international shipping containers and you will have no say as to how your goods are packed.
Self pack international shipping containers are guaranteed to offer you awesome savings and you retain control of the timing and packaging of your goods. You know everything’s packed safely and securely and you can even lock the container with your personal security seal, (when the container is packed and ready for CargoMaster pick up). With CargoMaster all your Australian export documentation is taken care of and CargoMaster will look after the loading of your container aboard a carefully selected vessel and the safe shipping to your intended destination. Once your shipping container is packed all you need to do is sit back , relax and enjoy your international move!
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING CONTAINERS OVERSEAS
Shipping rates for self pack international shipping containers will vary depending upon the origin and final country destination of the international shipping container and the overseas moving company you decide to use.To start on the right foot , with an international shipping company you can trust call CargoMaster NATIONWIDE 1300 767 136. The team at CargoMaster will help you with all your questions relating to moving overseas and self pack international shipping containers, since 2002 they have successfully moved hundreds of happy clients to all corners of the world, while saving customers thousands of dollars in international shipping charges and costs. You need to know your international shipping company is fully insured with forwarders liability insurance (don’t get caught!),with a great track record helping hundreds of clients with their overseas move. CargoMaster has a variety of ways to deliver or position a container on your property ,ready for packing or you can use CargoMaster’s packing yard,the choice is your there’s no extra charges!
MOVING OVERSEAS SELF PACK INTERNATIONAL MOVING PACKING TIPS
BEFORE TO YOUR MOVE
- Contact CargoMaster if you want to add or change address details or lists.
- Give us your contact numbers for both uplift and delivery. Keep your mobile on at all times during container delivery and collection.
- Try to give us prior warning of any access issues such as stairs, clearways, long walks, or hard to access areas.
- We suggest you consider taking Removals Insurance.
- Plan your move well in advance. Self- pack moving is a big job!
READY FOR YOUR SELF PACK OVERSEAS SHIPPING.
- Some packing may take longer , start early so the packing will be finished ASAP.
- Tie up all cords of your electrical appliances and place them in easilt identifiable cartons.
- Avoid packing cartons too heavy, make the loading of the container easier with lighter, easy to handle cartons.
- Do not load motor vehicles without first consulting CargoMaster
- Number your cartons and use a manifest to record what is in each carton/box as it gets loaded into the container
- We recommend that you only use removalist cartons because the cardboard is more durable, grocery boxes will be too thin to safeguard the contents from damage caused by crushing. When using garbage bags use two one inside the other for extra strength
- All furniture should be empty and their contents packed into cartons, lock all furniture doors so as to stop then swinging open during shipping.
- Pack crockery and glassware carefully ,using butchers paper will help protect the bottoms and sides of the packaging boxes. When possible use bubble wrap for crockery and glassware etc.
- We are able to offer a full packing service and can do all your packing at very reasonable prices.
- Refrigerators must be emptied, defrosted and drip trays emptied the day before your relocation.
- Dismantle swings, trampolines, garden sheds, bed heads, bed ends and other items that can be broken down to fit through doorways. Empty fuel from mowers, whipper snipper, and other motorised machinery. We do not transport gas bottles under any circumstances; it’s far too hazardous to our staff, equipment and our customer’s goods.
- Clean BBQ surfaces of grease and clean lawn movers of oil and clippings.
- Artwork, mirrors and pictures should be packed in a picture carton using plenty of cushioning material or bubble wrap. We recommend that these items should be packed with special packing materials like –bubble wrap, etc.
- Slip pictures and prints into envelope formed by flattened cartons. The most breakable item in a removal is glass.
- It is a good idea to take the knobs off chests and draws, screw them back on, on the inside.
- Tape garden tools, brooms and other loose items into bundles with packing tape.
- Disconnect washing machines from the taps and follow manufactures shipping instructions to prevent the bowl from moving whilst in transit.
- When you dismantle beds & tables, collect all the screws and nuts put them in a plastic bag and tape them securely to the package.
- When packing microwaves, make sure to pack the plate with bubble wrap or plenty of crushed paper.
- Avoid having any loose items; put all of your items into a carton.
- Laptops, desk top computers and other electronic equipment should be packed into a cartons and protected with crushed paper. It’s best if they are packed in their original packaging.
OVERSEAS MOVING IMPORTANT HINTS
- Leave your mobile on all the time.
- Put things aside whilst your furniture is in transit. E.g. wallet, mobile phones, airline ticket, keys etc. Pack these in your car while the removalist is there so they don’t get mixed up with the items to be moved. Make sure to pack some clothes for transit, in case there is a unexpected delay.
- Two to three well-spaced cars out the front to reserve a spot for the removal truck.
- Don’t forget to disconnect the phone, gas, electricity and water and then have it connected at your new place.
- Make sure you are there at uplift and delivery.
- Make sure everything that was supposed to be uplifted has been packed and loaded before the truck leaves.
- It is important to remember that there are many variables that can affect your delivery times. Events such as accidents, road closures, mechanical difficulties, and another customer’s consignment being larger or more difficult than planned, can slow down a delivery regardless of what company you choose.
- We suggest NOT booking flights interstate on the same day as your planned uplift or delivery. This will create too much extra and unwanted stress.
SOME HAZARDOUS OR BANNED ITEMS NOT SUITABLE FOR SELF PACK INTERNATIONAL CONTAINERS:
- Prohibited dangerous goods
- Plants (Certificate may be required)
- Items in unclean condition
- BBQ gas cylinders